Heart of a Lion, Hands of a Woman: What Women Neurosurgeons Do
On Sale now at AANS Marketplace

Friday, December 24, 2010

Anniversary

I was surprised to learn that I had missed the first anniversary of my blog (December 4).  Perhaps that is in part because I started out so slowwwww and really note the start more to January than December.  I have remarked before that my goal when starting the blog was to generate excitement about a book: Heart of a Lion, Hands of a Woman: What Women Neurosurgeons Do but it has become my "therapy"-a way catharsis for the stresses of being a neurosurgeon, mother, wife and all that comes with those "jobs" and responsibilities.  Writing on a regular basis again has given me a new view of the world and my daily experiences in medicine.  I have thrilled to see that people from most corners of the globe have at least opened my blog (and perhaps read it) and that some of my pieces have seemed to strike a note in the hearts of some of my readers.  I have particularly enjoyed the opportunity to resume writing poetry and sharing my travelogue from my "Roots Adventure" in Poland/Germany.  Thanks for tuning in-hopefully 2011 will be even bigger, better and more rewarding for all.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Blogiversary, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete