Heart of a Lion, Hands of a Woman: What Women Neurosurgeons Do
On Sale now at AANS Marketplace

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Oustanding Art II

I love this picture because this woman seems so comfortable, so completely sanguine.  It makes me feel peaceful. I appreciate the animal because it has such a human feel while not divorcing the true animal.  I also adore the artist.  Shelly Timmons is a neurosurgeon with so much talent-as a surgeon, thinker, organizer, motivator, educator and then I find out...as an artist and writer.  No surprise she is also active outside neurosurgery as well (mother, wife, etc).  It has been such an honor to get to know this remarkable woman, to work closely with her within organized neurosurgery, and to be able to showcase her "other talents" in our book. I hope her art brings joy to others as it has to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment