Now as for blogger-I don't actually yet allow myself to carry that title but I am hopeful. I started this blog as an offshoot of the book, Heart of a Lion, Hands of Woman: What Women Neurosurgeons Do without a really good concept of what it all meant. I initially hoped that it would provide a forum for continued musings about the content, reader feedback on the book, etc. Slowly, slowly, slowly (I am 50 now and while not adverse to new technology by any means, I don't "get it" as quickly as in earlier years) I am realizing my role as blogger-and for that I give thanks to a colleague I met exclusively through a professional social network site who opened my eyes (thanks).
Some thoughts from my schizophrenic week:
- I will miss my loyal staff, especially those that followed me through many phases of my growing career. I know I could not accomplish what I have professionally without their expertise and support.
- It is far better to create time with my parents outside the "family gatherings" and I need to make sure I do it regularly, they do not defy the rule that with life comes age.
- Ditto for siblings-maybe even more so.
- It is a great challenge to morph your parental relationship into a mutual adult relationship with your maturing daughter-but clearly worth all the effort it takes!
- I still love my husband dearly and amaze at his ability to make be smile with a few insightful words.
- Blogging-a new world, not the first brave leap I have taken, part of my drive to never be standing still.